$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
30 minutes online
Highlights the need to comply under various laws such as
- Insurance Act 1973
- Insurance Contracts Act 1984
- Corporations Act 2001
Insurance services personnel
Available in Australian content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
As an authorised insurer, we are required to comply with numerous Commonwealth laws such as the Insurance Act 1973, Insurance Contracts Act 1984, and as an Australian Financial Services Licensee under the Corporations Act 2001.
Along with our own internal policies and procedures, we must also comply with the obligations and standards imposed by various authorities, including ASIC, APRA, AFCA and the Code Governance Committee of the General Insurance Code of Practice.
On completing this course, learners will be able to understand:
- why it is important to abide by the legal obligations that authorised insurers are required to comply;
- the laws, regulations and authorities that govern our compliance obligations; and
- how to identify and report breaches (or potential breaches) of these laws and regulations.
- Result of a breach
- Incidents and breaches, with examples
- How to report an incident or breach
- The reporting process
- Regulatory authorities and inquiries
- Management responsibilities