$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
15-20 minutes online
Banking Code of Practice
All personnel who work in the banking industry
Available in Australia
Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC..
About this course
The Banking Code of Practice sets out the standards of practice and service in the Australian Banking Industry for individual and small business customers and their guarantors. The code provides safeguards and protections not set out in the law, rather it complements the law and sets higher standards than legislation.
The code applies to individuals, small businesses and guarantors who provide a banking service or information. Small businesses are businesses with:
- An annual turnover of less than $10 million in the previous financial year;
- Less than 100 full-time (or equivalent employees); or
- Less than $3 million total debt to all credit providers.
On completing this course, learners should:
- be able to apply the Code of Practice;
- understand the standards of practice and service in the Australian banking industry for individual and small business customers and their guarantors;
- have comprehensive knowledge of the new code, which took effect from the 1 July 2019;
- understand the statement of guiding principles which provides an ethical, customer-oriented and sustainable framework; and
- understand good decision-making when performing work and serving customers.
- Introduction to the Code
- Statement of Guiding Principles
- How the Code works
- Our customer’s banking relationship
- Using our banking services
- Inclusive and accessible banking
- When a customer applies for a loan
- Lending to a small business
- Guaranteeing a loan
- Managing the customer’s account
- Customers experiencing financial difficulty
- Resolving a customer’s complaint
- Code monitoring, complaints and sanctions