At a glance
30-45 minutes online
Available in Australian and Region-neutral content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
Mental health risks to workers, such as occupational stress and depression, are on the increase and recognising and promoting mental health is an essential part of creating a safe and healthy workplace.
The health of workers is not just about physical health, but psychological health too. When managing mental health in the workplace, it is important to consider how staff are trained in recognising workplace hazards such as workplace bullying, work-related stress, work-related violence and work-related fatigue.
On completing this course, learners should know:
- how to recognise stress;
- signs of mental illness and depression;
- how to become more resilient to stress and mental health; and
- effective strategies to reduce stress in their life.
- Recognising stress
- Causes and signs of stress and mental strain
- Mental health and mental illness
- Signs of potential mental illness
- Effective coping strategies and tips for promoting good mental health