“Customisations have been made very quickly and the process has been easy.”
At a glance
5-45 minutes online
Privacy Act 1988 (Australia)
Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand)
Available in Australian and New Zealand content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time., Accelerated LearningiCreated for learners with prior knowledge, this course type allows learners to control how they engage with the full course content. It delivers scenario-based learning with questions embedded in the teachings and a ‘Learn More’ option, giving learners the option of how they consume/engage the information., Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC., and ShortBurst.
About this course
Are you and your employees aware of how to protect personal information? Are you confident of what information can be collected, retained and passed on to others?
It is important for employees to understand how Privacy laws apply to the workplace and implement best practice when it comes to protecting your customer’s personal information.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand the laws and regulations relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information;
- understand requirements regarding the quality, security and storage of personal information;
- requirements governing access to personal information records; and
- understand how sensitive information, including health information, should be treated.
- understand the Information Privacy Principles;
- understand how to apply the principles within the workplace; and
- know when to take action to protect people’s privacy.
- The law
- Personal information
- Data security
- Access and correction
- Data quality
- Use and disclosure
- Collection of information
- The Privacy Officer
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- Unsolicited information
- Notification of collection
- Direct marketing rule
- Disclosing information overseas
NEW ZEALAND SPECIFIC
- Privacy complaints
- Information privacy principles
- Purpose of collection
- Source of information
- Manner of collection
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: