“ [Safetrac] took our policies, procedures, images and video footage and constructed a module which matches our brand, relates directly to our staff and their work and was able to run on our existing LMS. The results are great; the module is exactly how we had envisioned it.”
At a glance
30-45 minutes online
National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009
All personnel at financial institutions who may provide credit
Available in Australian content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
In 2010, state and territory-based credit laws were moulded into a national approach known as the National Consumer Credit Code.
With it, a large range of requirements and obligations were added. Failure to comply with these can have very serious consequences for those involved.
Safetrac’s ‘National Consumer Credit Protection’ course focuses on the application of the Act, your obligations and how to comply with them.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand when the legislation applies;
- outline criminal and civil penalties;
- outline licenses and licensee obligations;
- outline responsible lending conduct;
- be aware of pre-contractual conduct and disclosure;
- understand the content requirements for documents;
- outline ongoing obligations and enforcement;
- understand ending and enforcing credit contracts; and
- outline particular types of contracts.
- The law
- Criminal penalties for breach
- The code specifics
- TS1 – When does the code apply?
- Overview of licence requirements
- TS2 – Responsible lending conduct
- TS3 – Unsuitability assessment
- Pre-contractual conduct
- TS4 – Canvasing credit at home
- Requirements of pre-contractual disclosure
- Contract specifics
- More about mortgages
- Guarantees and guarantors
- Statements, unjust transactions and other charges
- General information about notices
- Unjust transactions
- TS5 – Guarantors right to withdraw
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: