“Customisations have been made very quickly and the process has been easy.”
At a glance
5-45 minutes online
Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
Managers course & Employee course
Available in New Zealand content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time. and ShortBurst.
About these courses
Every organisation has responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace. You need to ensure that your business doesn’t create health and safety problems for your employees, customers or the public.
As a manager, officer or supervisor do you know your specific responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace?
On completing this course, all EMPLOYEES should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the term health and safety;
- understand their role and responsibilities; and
- identify, eliminate or control office hazards.
On completing this course, all MANAGERS should be able to:
- understand broadly aspects of health and safety in the workplace; and
- understand the obligations of Managers and Officers under Workplace Health and Safety law.
- The law
- Your duties
- Duties of visitors
- Who’s responsible?
- Notifications of accidents
- Monitoring and enforcing health and safety
- Eliminating or controlling hazards
- Manual handling
- Occupational overuse syndrome (OOS)
- Ergonomic principles
- Work practices
- Slips, trips and falls
- Psychological hazards
- Electrical and reporting hazards
- Emergency situations
- The impact of occupational injury and disease
- Common law duty of care
- Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Regulatory authorities
- Responsibilities of an organisation
- Due diligence
- Incident notification
- Inspectors powers
- Consultation in the workplace
- Enforcement options
- Defences to a Workplace Health and Safety prosecution
- Penalties for breaching Workplace Health and Safety legislation
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: