$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
5-45 minutes online
Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA) (Australia)
The Fair Trading Act 1986 and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand)
Customer/Client facing personnel
Available in Australian, New Zealand, and Region-neutral content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time., Accelerated LearningiCreated for learners with prior knowledge, this course type allows learners to control how they engage with the full course content. It delivers scenario-based learning with questions embedded in the teachings and a ‘Learn More’ option, giving learners the option of how they consume/engage the information., Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC., and ShortBurst.
About this course
As a business owner or employee, it is important that you understand your obligations, as well as the rights of consumers.
While consumer laws differ between jurisdictions, the principles remain similar. Where it’s relevant, local regulations and law aims to protect consumers and businesses from unfair business practices.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand obligations for employers and employees;
- identify misleading, deceptive or unconscionable conduct and the penalties that can be incurred;
- identify unfair business practices;
- understand anti-competitive conduct, arrangements and cartel conduct;
- understand ACCC enforcement of the Act (Australian course);
- provide procedures and guidelines to assist organisations in complying with their obligations;
- describe false, unsubstantiated or misleading representations;
- determine the difference between misleading conduct and misleading representation; and
- identify unfair contract terms.
- Misleading or deceptive conduct
- Country of origin representations
- Unconscionable conduct
- Unfair contract terms
- Consumer guarantees
- Consumer rights and remedies
- Defective products
- Products and services safety and information
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: