“Great communication & proactive support. Great system easy to use & report from.”
At a glance
15-20 minutes online
Treasury Laws Amendment (Enhancing Whistleblower Protections) Act 2019
Available in Australian content format
Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
By providing a whistleblowing policy, employees of an organisation can feel confident in reporting unethical conduct, dishonest or illegal activity. There are state and federal laws that protect whistleblowers.
Safetrac’s ‘Whistleblower’ Course provides an overview of an organisation’s whistleblowing policy and the protections provided to those who make disclosures covered by amendments contained in Treasury Laws Amendment (Enhancing Whistleblower Protections) Act 2019.
On completing this course, learners should understand:
- the term whistleblowing;
- the protections to whistleblowers under the legislation; and
- the kind of disclosures that are protected by the legislation.
- What is a whistleblower?
- Whistleblower protection legislation
- What kind of conduct is disclosable?
- Who can be a whistleblower?
- Regulated entities
- Eligible recipients of a disclosure
- Emergency disclosure
- Confidentiality and anonymity
- Immunities and protections
- Compensation and reinstatement