“Customisations have been made very quickly and the process has been easy.”
At a glance
15-20 minutes online
Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL)
Any personnel in the supply chain
Available in Australia
Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
The Chain of Responsibility (or CoR) is a framework used in Australian transport legislation to place legal obligations on the various parties involved in the transport supply chain, particularly the heavy vehicle industry.
The Chain of Responsibility regulates areas such as speeding, fatigue, mass, loading, and dimension, recognising that unlawful behaviour may occur due to the action of others.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define the Chain of Responsibility;
- understand the purpose, scope of the legislation;
- identify the responsibilities of individuals under the Chain of Responsibility;
- outline measures to avoid liability; and
- identify the key area of coverage.
- What is the Chain of Responsibility?
- Background to the CoR
- CoR Responsibilities
- Consignor/ Supplier
- Packer/ Loader
- What measures to take
- The risk-based categorisations
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: