‘…[Safetrac] delivers a well-rounded solution with minimal changes to their off-the-shelf courseware. Content is regularly refreshed and learner engagement remains paramount with scenario based animations. ‘
At a glance
15-45 minutes online
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Victoria)
Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (Western Australia)
Managers course & Employee course
Available in Australian (Victorian and Western Australian) content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time., Accelerated LearningiCreated for learners with prior knowledge, this course type allows learners to control how they engage with the full course content. It delivers scenario-based learning with questions embedded in the teachings and a ‘Learn More’ option, giving learners the option of how they consume/engage the information., and Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About these courses
Every organisation has responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace. You need to ensure that your business doesn’t create health and safety problems for your employees, customers or the public.
As a manager, officer or supervisor do you know your specific responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace?
On completing this course, all EMPLOYEES should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the term health and safety;
- understand their role and responsibilities; and
- identify, eliminate or control office hazards.
On completing this course, all MANAGERS should be able to:
- understand broadly aspects of health and safety in the workplace; and
- understand the obligations of Managers and Officers under the Occupational Health and Safety law.
- Health and safety responsibilities of an organisation
- Responsibilities of managers and supervisors
- Incident notification
- Inspector’s powers
- Consultation in the workplace
- Defences to an OHS prosecution
- Penalties for breaching OHS legislation
- Health and safety duties
- Notification of incidents
- Monitoring and enforcing OHS and penalties
- Manual handling, musculoskeletal disorders, ergonomic principles
- Slips, trips and falls
- Psychosocial hazards
- Emergency situations
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: