At a glance
15-45 minutes online
Available in Australian, New Zealand and Region-neutral content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time. and
Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
Today, social media is a term everyone knows. With over 3.773 billion internet users and 2.789 billion active social media users around the world, people in even the most remote areas of the world have at least heard of Facebook and Twitter.
Social media is a great way to boost your career and promote your company – if you do it the right way. Businesses use social media to interact with their customers – building a community, increasing awareness of their business and boosting profits.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what social media covers;
- discuss the acceptable use of social media in the workplace; and
- understand why your organisation should have clear social media guidelines.
- What is social media?
- Using social media for work-related purposes
- Overview of social media guidelines
- Positive & negative effects of social media
- Positive social media and you
- Negative effects of social media
- Professional posts
- Legal issues
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: