“…very helpful, professional and understood our requirements well.”
Virtual Reality training essentially places the trainee in a 3D environment relevant to the subject matter via a specially designed audio-visual headset.
This type of learning environment helps cut out distractions by fully immersing the trainee in the simulation, such that the learner begins to respond to the material as they would in a real-life situation.
This enables trainees to quickly acquire information relevant to their job, in an environment that mimics the work place and situations they will be in.
Virtual reality courses created for your organisation.
Safetrac consultants can work with your Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to create training programs for situations that are either dangerous, inaccessible or which require hours of face to face training.
We make it easier for your staff to feel confident in their roles through the use of virtual reality. Through utilising the right knowledge, talent, equipment, and hardware we can deliver an experience beyond expectations.
Virtual reality content to reflect your business.
We partner with you to develop the best content for your own course requirements. Our instructional designers and SME’s will work with you to ensure they address the appropriate learning principles and standards to optimise learning.
How Virtual Reality is moving beyond the traditional training methods
While traditional 2D learning is the appropriate medium for various types of adult learning, Virtual Reality learning can offer an immersive experience and allows your staff to, for example, explore a physical location or operate machinery in a safe environment. Virtual Reality training can significantly accelerate the learning process and provides the following benefits:
- Makes learning more visual – this makes it much more appealing than regular text or reading.
- Provides a better learning experience to maximise your training spend – Virtual Reality devices are readily available which means that delivering Virtual Reality training is no longer unaffordable. Safetrac consultants can talk to you about the options we recommend such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- Virtual Reality training outputs can be linked to your LMS or our compliance platform so you can track learner completions – this provides your organisation with a fully auditable record of learners training completions and their test results if you choose to implement a test.
- Virtual Reality makes learning safer – in high risk industries such as construction, manufacturing, energy and defense, workplace injuries can be devastating and may even be fatal. Virtual Reality training provides a safe place to learn and practice skills until staff are confident to commence the job.
- Can be implemented remotely – Virtual Reality headsets can be deployed to decentralised work environments such as construction sites, where staff can complete site inductions or any other type of training an organisation needs staff to complete before stepping on site. This removes the need for on site trainers to be present, or to have remote attendees to conduct office based training.
- Aids recall and retention – the highly immersive nature of Virtual Reality training has been proven to materially increase retention by enabling the employee to physically practice skills and observe hazards as many times as needed. Physical action can help to drive muscle memory making the actions second nature before an employee steps on the job.
The design process
Our six step process will turn your idea in reality…virtual reality!