“Great communication & proactive support. Great system easy to use & report from.”
At a glance
30-45 minutes online
Available in Australian content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
Violence against women can take many forms and constitutes a serious violation of human rights. In the workplace it is everyone’s responsibility to stamp out gender-based violence of any kind, whether it be physical, sexual and/or psychological.
Proper training can help reduce violent incidents of any kind, which in turn reduces employer insurance costs, workplace injury and employee absenteeism.
On completing this course, learners should:
- understand what is meant by the term violence against women;
- understand what is classified as unlawful behaviour in the workplace; and
- have the tools to assist and help those who are struggling.
- What is Violence Against Women?
- Impacts of Violence Against Women
- The extent of Violence Against Women in Australia
- Types of violence and abuse
- Signs to look out for
- Awareness and response to Violence Against Women situations
- Employee, workplace and support plans
- Assistance and what you can do to help