$165.00 inc GST
Online Compliance Course
15-45 minutes online
All employees, contractors and volunteers
Available in Australian and Region-neutral content format
Structured iDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time. Accelerated iThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC. and Shortburst iDesigned for learners seeking a quick summary of specific areas of compliance. This format offers industry-specific content for diverse sectors.
Deploy our courses online via Safetrac’s Compliance LMS or opt for SCORM delivery on your company’s LMS.
NOTE: This course is NOT an accredited training course, however can form part of an organisation’s broader Health and Safety training program.
This course is designed to give learners a general understanding of Manual Handling. Please submit an enquiry on how we can customise this course to suit your staff and organisation.
Watch Course Video
About this course
Manual handling covers a wide range of workplace activities and repetitive tasks. Many jobs involve some form of manual handling, but not all manual handling is hazardous or involves the risk of an injury.
Every organisation has responsibilities regarding the correct manual handling procedures, to prevent injury (including MSD) in the workplace. Training in this area teaches staff how to prevent injuries as a result of repetitive tasks and how to identify signs of injury.
Safetrac’s ‘Manual Handling’ training course is designed to assist you in understanding what kind of manual handling is hazardous, how to prevent injury and what duties employers and employees have in reducing the risk of injury in the workplace.
Enquire about this online course
I’m interested in training:
We can provide trial access to preview this course. Enquire today about training your organisation with Safetrac.
NOTE: This course is designed to give learners a general understanding of Manual Handling. It is not an accredited training course, however can form part of an organisation’s broader Health and Safety training program.
To train yourself, the cost of this course is
If you want to train your business or do more than one course, please enquire via the ‘My company’ option above. Rates reduce when training multiple users.
On completing this course, learners should understand:
- what manual handling is and what injuries can result from manual handling;
- the duties of employers and employees;
- what sorts of manual handling is hazardous;
- how incorrect manual handling affects the body;
- how musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) can be prevented;
- the measures in place to control the risk of MSD;
- how to select and use appropriate manual handling techniques; and
- how to use risk controls such as mechanical aids and safe systems of work.
- What is manual handling?
- When is manual handling a problem?
- What kind of injuries can result from manual handling?
- Duties of Employers and Employees
- Consulting your Employees
- Hazardous manual handling
- How can manual handling be prevented?