“ [Safetrac] took our policies, procedures, images and video footage and constructed a module which matches our brand, relates directly to our staff and their work and was able to run on our existing LMS. The results are great; the module is exactly how we had envisioned it.”
At a glance
30-45 minutes online
Life Insurance Code of Practice
Life Insurance services personnel
Available in Australian content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
The Life Insurance Code of Practice (the Code) is the life insurance industry’s commitment to mandatory customer service standards.
Training in the Life Insurance Code of Practice allows consistent standards of service and practice in staff working in the Australian life insurance industry by training staff on the Code, expectations under the Code and preventing breaches of the Code.
On completing this course, learners should:
- understand the Code of Practice;
- be aware of the standards for employees and authorised representatives under the Code; and
- understand the complaints handling process.
- About the Code
- What policies are covered?
- Policy design and disclosure
- Buying insurance which requires an underwriting decision
- Policy changes and cancellation rights
- Consumers requiring additional support
- Insurance claims
- Income-related benefits
- Complaints and disputes
- Standard for third parties
- Code monitoring and enforcement