$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
30-45 minutes online
Various Acts and Regulations
Available in Australia
Structured iDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time. and Accelerated iThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
Intellectual property (or IP) is protected in law by trademarks, patents, registered designs and copyright which enable people or organisations to earn recognition or financial benefit from what they invent or create.
By protecting intellectual property, your organisation may gain a competitive advantage in the market place, enabling you to profit and grow.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what intellectual property is;
- understand the different types of intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, designs and copyright;
- recognise contractual issues relating to intellectual property; and
- know what is meant by confidential information.
- Types of patents, obligations, challenges
- Trade marks
- Why register a trade mark?
- Confidential information
- Confidentiality agreements
- Trade secrets
- What is protected by copyright?
- Who owns copyright?
- How long does copyright last?
- Moral rights
This Safetrac course has been built by qualified experienced lawyers.