$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
15-45 minutes online
Corporations Act 2001 (Australia)
Securities Act 1978 (New Zealand)
Available in Australian and New Zealand content format
Structured LearningiDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time. and Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
Legislation contains prohibitions against insider trading to ensure that people with inside information act fairly and protect the integrity and economic efficiency of the market.
Penalties for breach of the law are severe and include substantial fines and/or imprisonment.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what comprises insider trading;
- know the three prohibitions against insider trading;
- understand the exceptions and defences to insider trading; and
- know the regulators and their roles.
- What is insider trading?
- Who is an insider?
- What is inside information?
- Definition of financial products
- Insider trading prohibitions
- The role of the regulators
- Exceptions and defences
- Managing insider trading
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: