At a glance
15-20 minutes each course online
Fair Work Amendment (Protecting Vulnerable Workers) Act 2017
Subsidiaries and franchisees of holding companies
Available in Australia
Accelerated Multi-Device LearningiThis course type is designed for learners with prior knowledge, giving learners more ability to self-direct how they engage with the full course content. Using scenarios with voice-overs, tests within the course, and a ‘Learn More’ option, learners can engage the course on any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
About this course
Under the Fair Work Amendment (Protecting Vulnerable Workers) Act 2017 franchisors and holding companies can be responsible for certain contraventions by their franchisees or subsidiaries.
To assist in ensuring that your subsidiaries and franchisees don’t breach the law, Safetrac has developed specific courses dealing with employment obligations for the automotive, fast food and retail industries.
On completing this course, learners should be able to understand their obligations:
- when new staff members are employed;
- to staff during their employment; and
- to staff when ending their employment.
Module 1 – Commencement of Employment
- Information on the National Employment Standards
- Unpaid work trials
- Uniforms and personal protective equipment
- Minimum wages & penalty rates
- Payslips & what information should be contained
- Employee records
Module 2 – During Employment
- Work hours
- Rest and meal breaks
- Handling workplace issues
- Employees rights to leave & the employer’s obligations to accrue
- Accident pay entitlements
- Flexible workplace arrangements and what are reasonable grounds for refusal?
- Rights of pregnant women
Module 3 – Ending Employment
- Performance management
- Handling termination
- Unfair dismissal and who can make an unfair dismissal application
- Notice of termination and final pay
- How to give notice
- Serious misconduct
- Adverse action
This Safetrac course is built in conjunction with: