$165.00 inc GST
At a glance
20 minutes online
Do Not Call Register Act 2006
Available in Australia
Structured iDesigned for learners with little prior knowledge, this course type takes the learner through the course subject sequentially – one step at a time.
About this course
The Do Not Call Register (DNCR) is a national register where telephone account holders can list their telephone number to opt out of receiving certain telemarketing calls.
It is unlawful to make unsolicited telemarketing calls to an Australian number listed in the DNCR. This is subject to some limited exemptions which are outlined in this course.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Determine when calls must be screened against the DNCR
- Identify exemptions that apply
- Understanding requirements of the Industry Standard including:
- Permitted calling hours
- Information that must be provided during a call
- Requirement to display Calling Line Identification (CLI)
- Confirm the seriousness of consequences for failure to comply
- Who does the DNCR apply to?
- Does the register extend to overseas callers?
- Who is eligible to be registered?
- The spam act and text messages
- When you can make telemarketing calls
- What you must say on a telemarketing call
- Why you should comply with the legislation
- Pecuniary Penalties
- What is a telemarketing call?
- Exemptions to a telemarketing call
- Application of other laws